Wow! When it comes to web designing, it’s an amazing profession full of creativity. Reach out the world and you can see every second fellow among the 10th is a web designer, even a 16 year old of your neighbor will be seen saying he is a web designer and earning his pocket money from it.
But it is that easy? Nope you need to be a technology person who knows the latest trend and what all is needed to become a web designer. Hmm, so let’s explore together about it.
The very first question comes to my mind is what is web designing?
Some of the potential challenges you may face in web designing such as:
- You must be knowledgeable in all of the coding standards and technology.
- You need experience and good knowledge about the industry.
- Training and software of the web designing can be expensive.
- You have to have unique and creative designs every day.
- You will be seen tied to your computer almost every day.
- You have to test every site you design on different computers and browsers.
- There is a lot of competition, especially from template-driven services.
- It can be challenging to sell ongoing website maintenance.
Below are the steps to get started with the web designing such as:
- Start up cost. All of you know that nothing comes for free. So make a list of the basic equipments you are going to need. A computer, a mobile phone, business card, a dedicated desk, some stationary, cost of registering your own website exclusively designed by you showcasing your own talent. You also need to buy some software, but in the beginning you can download the trial versions of Espresso, Coda, Aptana, or Adobe Dreamweaver and later you can buy the best.
- Your brand name. Now all you need is a brand name. The name you will use to connect with people or with your client. Most people use their own name as their brand name and some create a separate formal name for their business. A formal name is a good option in case if you feel like establishing a small company with few working under you.
- Portfolio website. Create your own website where you can showcase yourself and your work. Your website should be clear enough to state what services you are offering. Try showcase some work if you have done as it will add an additional impression to your client about your work. And for that you may work out some free services to your friends and neighbors.
- How much to charge. The question is how much to charge for your service. Calculate it wisely thinking about how much you are spending on it, including your time, phone bill, power consumption, travelling, your taxes etc and the decide the cost you are going to charge. There are other calculator available on the internet you can use them anytime for your calculation.
- Identify your client in order to earn more. You need to identify your clients those who are willing to give you work and to make continuity so that your earning does not stop at any point of time. So find them in personal or online and be in touch with them.
- Create a daily schedule. Mange your schedule of work. Discover your best time that you can devote to your business work. Like for coding morning time is the best because your brain is fresh so you can give your best at that time. And then prioritize your other work accordingly.
- Learning sites and community. You can find many learning site on the internet. Use them to learn more and more and be up to date with the technology. Find out your community of web designer and stay connected with them through facebook, twitter, etc. so that you can get to know their views and ofcourse share your views as well. Also you can seek answers to your queries and can help someone.