I am sure some of the men and women not even like the idea of getting married. But trust me friends it is among the best thing which happens to someone’s life. And it is the responsibility of the wedding planner to make it beautiful and memorable for you.
Wedding planning is an exciting business; if you love organizing party then this is the best job for you. A person who knows how to show his/her romantic side and crazy about beauty then only you will get the creative idea of planning a wedding.
I will say you first start with employed by someone else as wedding planning is not a small party; it is big function with big budget so having some handful of experience will be good. Also you will get expose to different kind of wedding and events. You will also get to learn many wedding practice and tradition and will perform many of the essential tasks of a wedding planner, such as creating event timelines and managing the vendor team, before you venture on your own.
Some of the potential challenges you may face in wedding planning such as:
- The party planning business can be a high-stress job because your business and reputation are on the stake with every party.
- Planning requires long working hours, evenings, weekends and holidays as well.
- Your work will involve unrealistic clients and unreliable suppliers and subcontractors.
- It will be time taking to build a profitable client portfolio.
Below are the steps to get started with wedding planning.
- Get certification. There are several institutions which provide degree and diploma on wedding planning. Get your degree as it can be helpful to you in learning more about the various aspects of running a business. Get handful of experience by assisting other planners. Many experienced wedding planners offers a “careers” or “internships”. You can also email them and asks if they have any work for you. If needed work for them in free.
And if you are lucky enough may be your friend and family gets you a chance to work out their wedding planning.
- Make your business legal. Once your gain experience and you are ready to open your own business get it legalize with your attorney.
- Start up cost. All of you know that nothing comes for free. So make a list of the basic equipments you are going to need. A computer, a mobile phone, business card, some stationary, cost of registering your own website showcasing your own talent and marketing cost.
- Develop a company image. Your company should reflect your style as wedding planning is all about style. People trust you to make their wedding a memorable one so your working style should reflect from your company name, business cards, and from the color and logo you use. So have the best angle pictures of your work and a very appealing graphics on your website and business card.
- Low cost and high return business. Plan your business strategies such that you will incur high returns at a low cost investment. And for that you need to know how to negotiate with your local caterers, florists, and rental companies.
- Build successful relationship with your client. Your success will come to you by providing quality work to your client that includes everything in budget and on time yet above their expectation.