Employee Background Check
Do you ever heard about employee background check service provider. Yes I mean it. Unless and until I read one article I was also thinking that all these things are the duty of the HR of the organization but to my surprise it’s a no. So I went further in detail to know what exactly it is all about and here comes something interesting for my readers.
Almost every organization now a day conducts background screening of their applicant. It has become fashion and is in great demand. Organizations and Companies look out to background Check providers to do a screening for the candidates as they don’t have enough time and means to do so. Thus they leave an opening for you to start your own business. A background check provider does not need any special degree for that and it is relatively low in startup cost also.
Through background check companies want to make sure that they are hiring the right person because many job applicants are hiding and manipulating their résumés now a day in search for the better opportunity. So companies want to identify the major issues of the applicant before offering them job letter. Companies cannot do a background check without your written authorization. If you are turned down because of a background check, you have all the rights to ask why and the company must tell you why, according to federal law.
The most common background checks are :
- Criminal History
- Civil History
- National Wants and Warrants
- Credit Report
- Social Security Reports (Not applicable in India)
- Previous Employer Verification
- Drug Tests (Applicable in some cases)
- Reference Verification
- Driving History (Applicable for vehicle operators only)
Below are the steps to get started with the background check service provider :
- Knowledge of state local and federal law: You must have the knowledge of state local and federal law for employee background checks and firm knowledge of the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act before starting your business. You can learn about this in details through internet search. Also in any case the company must have the written permission from the candidates to screen their consumer credit reports without the consent of the candidate if a company performs such a thing is against the law.
- Determine services you will provide: Have a firm determination of the services you will provide and have functional area decided for your business. For example you will be giving facilities only to IT and ITIES business (technology). There are production, manufacturing and other types of companies who wants background check service, so it is up to you to decide in which functional area you wants to go. Your functional area will decide what type of background checks you’ll perform, the typical checks are criminal records, driving records, credit reports, education, past employment and professional licenses.
- Advertise your services: Create a website that detail out all about your services like what type of service you’ll provide as well as list out the cost estimation. You can also join National Association of Professional Background Screeners and organizations for human resource and security professionals to learn new information about the business and to get advice on building your services. You can also join social network also to advertise your company and gain knowledge.
- An office space is a must: You have to decide on the office space for your company. It is entirely your decision to do your operations from your own house or from a rented office space, which ever suits you. But your space should be well managed and well equipped.
- Get Registered: Choose a name for your company and get yourself register with the registrar. Be honest and faithful towards your clients.
Now you are all set to run your own business.