Office Cleaning Services
Cleaning services now a day is having immense scope. As the number of office space is increasing more people are required who offer cleaning services. Thus leaving a good business opportunity; though it sounds simple but it is not that simple in action because it requires a good business layout to follow and good marketing strategy, as there are many cleaning services already working in.
Below are the steps for you to keep in mind before starting the business:
- Plan your business: You should clearly plan out your business before starting. The planning will require thinking about what clients you will cater meaning small business entrepreneur or giants one, the kind of cleaning equipments required and how much you will charge. You also have to decide what type of services you will offer means a complete cleaning solution what they call as “janitorial-style cleaning” or some section of the cleaning.
- Services you will render to your client: Decide what services you will offer to your client as in commercial office or buildings cleaning services require support in night or on weekends which includes washing the floors, cleaning the bathrooms, emptying trash cans, cleaning kitchen areas, and washing doors and windows. So it is up to you whether you want to specialize in one type of cleaning or willing to offer all.
- Decide whether to go with a franchise or start your own business: Yes this is a big question to decide whether you will work with a known organization by taking a franchise of it, this will involve a little less risk as they have already build the faith among their customer and are running successfully. Starting your own will bring a little risk of establishing your business; since you are new it will take time to build faith among your customers. This is up to you how you will take your business further with best strategy and succeed.
- Find a Location: Once you have taken into consideration all the above points then you can decide the best suited location for your business, it may be your own house or an office space. You also need a store room as well where you can put your cleaning equipments. In both the conditions you have to maintain the office standards means you can set up a desk with comfortable chairs for your clients to sit in while you describe the services you offer.
- Start-up capital: You will need a good amount of start-up capital (money). Since you are in such a business where you have to be well equipped with all the necessary material before starting thus you will have to make all the purchases in advance. Money will be needed for an office space and for office equipment and for registering your business and for buying insurance policies; a vehicle will also be required to move your equipment. So it is up to you whether you will take a loan from some bank or you will put your own capital.
- Register your business:Get you business register with the registrar. Obtain a permit to run your business. But before doing this find a name for your company. The name should be professional and catchy. Also check whether the name you have selected is not already register with the same kind of business. Create a logo for your company. Get a website designed with all the details about your services and the cost of the service. Get an insurance policy for your company, and it should be such that it will not be a burden for you when starting new.
- Need of a Vehicle: A need of the vehicle will arise because every time you cannot hire vehicle to reach your work area. Hmm! You can but in that way you will be sharing your some amount of income with the vehicle provider and I know you don’t want to do this again. So when arranging capital for your business keeps some amount for the vehicle also. And use your company vehicle to keep your cleaning material always ready to move to the cleaning place. You can also put display boards on your vehicle to do the advertisement.
- Company’s account and pricing: Create an account system of your own. You can use accounting software. Keep a record of all the transaction you’re doing. Keep track of payments received and pending. Prepare Invoice keeping in mind the cost of labor, materials, and other expenses like petrol, paper work etc, if any. All you need is to see that your business is making profit after all the expense and taxes liable on you.
- Hire workers if needed: if you are working solely then it is up to you who will do all the work but if you are moving towards the big business then you will need the helping hands. Before hiring please do all the research about the labor law and legal requirements as it is better to be knowledgeable than landing in to any unknown trouble.
- Advertisement: Do the advertisement as much as possible. Advertise in local newspapers and magazines. Have an account on Facebook and Twitter where you can do the advertisement. You can also offer some deals and discount for the new customer. Use as many as possible tricks to gain the customer. Create your website and a visiting card. That’s all what you need to start.
Now you are all set to start your business but make sure with every client you must build your trust by offering them best services and giving respect to your client.