English Speaking classes/courses
English speaking classes and courses are very much in demand today. If you plan on starting your own classes to educate people, you have certainly made the right decision.
Why these classes are in such great demand
- English is a global language, used all over the world
- In India, we have many local languages and dialects. Most of the functioning of the nation takes place through the common binding English language
- A lot of populace lives/travels abroad
- A lot of relatives/friends of populace living abroad need to visit them from time to time
- The English language literature, entertainment is very interesting and people love reading English language books, newspapers, magazines, watch movies, shows etc.
- Last but not the least it is a beautiful language
It is advised that the people who are interested in taking up this work as a profession must have the following qualities:
- Excellent command over the English language, must be an expert at reading, speaking and writing in the language
- Must be a voracious reader
- Must love to teach
- Must be patient
- Must be a good listener
- Must be a good problem solver
- Must be a mutli-tasker
- Must be a good administrator
Pointers for people who are excited about taking the plunge in the business of “English speaking classes/courses”:
- Go through the necessary certifications
- Get the necessary permissions from authorities
- Decide on location, check out the place that you would have to initially get on rent
- Prepare course syllabus, hire professionals to help you do the same, take care of copyright issues
- While preparing the courseware, have several types of courses for different levels, such as beginners etc.
- Prepare a brochure, giving the details of your service, hire professionals to help you prepare a good one as it will be your first contact with your potential customers
- Procure loans that you need, fill up the necessary paperwork
- Hire good, reliable, qualified staff, you don’t want to do everything alone
- Advertise well, through pamphlets etc.
- Take good care of administration, schedule classes well, ensure that there are no hiccups
- Deliver what you promised your students
- Be sincere and honest in your profession
- While doing all of this, simultaneously start developing your business website in your mind. Write down new ideas; check out other websites to get some ideas etc.
- Invest in your new website, engage good, reliable resources. Give your website developer clear and concise requirements. Check the development at every milestone and give immediate, clear feedback. Ensure that testing happens at developer end too. It is advisable to have a user friendly website that provides clear menus. Navigating the website must be smooth, where people check out availability of services and send in their requests. Also, it is good idea to get your website optimized for search engines. Do it.
- Your website will take you in the homes of each and every person that is computer savvy. Needless to say, this is a huge community. Do invest in building a website for your business, the returns will be great. Keep your website updated continuously.
- The next step is building an app. As a good amount of populace is addicted to cell phones, it is a great idea to be readily accessible to these through mobile apps. With just a couple of clicks, people will get in touch with you for the learning requirements of their children/friends/relatives etc.
- The app will also help in informing students of their schedules, their parents of student absenteeism etc.
- Keep yourself updated about the latest, and keep on track and par with the teaching world
- Be strict with students, discipline will help students learning well and fast
- Have periodic tests to check on progress, inform the students’ parents of the same, if the students are adults, inform them of their progress
- Invest on all good quality equipment required, as you put in the best, you will get the best in returns
Decide on what will your USP be, what will your course offer that none of the others do
You could have some customized courses such as:
A short course for people who have to travel abroad, but are unable to communicate in the English language, they could learn about
- Questions they will need to ask at airports
- Directions for restaurants, railway stations etc.
As we all know our country is going to have the youngest working population in the world. We have to go out there and make it best as a nation. If, learning the global language is a stepping stone to building a great nation, we certainly want to help everyone do that. If, making some money is a by-product of this amazing venture, so be it.