Local Paintings Provider
The idea of decorating homes and offices has greatly evolved over the past years. Earlier, majority of the people preferred to have simple, modest homes while the rest enjoyed lavish homes. During the last couple of decades or so the idea of decorating homes and offices has gained popularity with the masses along with the rich people. Everyone tries to do their best in order to make their homes and workplaces pleasant and beautiful. The people who can afford to turn their dreams and wishes into a visual reality has increased manifold. Therefore the number of people who can help to do the same has increased as well. More and more people are adopting professions such as interior decoration and allied aspects of it.
An inherent aspect of interior decoration is the selection and display of paintings on the walls of homes and workplaces. If you have a flair for selecting the most suitable paintings and ability of placing them tastefully on walls, this is the right job for you. The job of local painting provider entails having a collection of paintings and providing them to customers at a price.
It is advised that the people who are interested in taking up this work as a profession must have the following qualities:
- Passion about decor
- An intrinsic ability to understand and appreciate art
- Ability to understand people and their desires
- Ability to advise on the paintings that should be displayed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to sell ideas
- Strong bargaining power
- Good organizing and supervising skills
- Hunger to stay updated at all times
Pointers for people who are excited about taking the plunge in the business of “painting providers”
- Study the business and the latest trends with the help of books, internet etc.
- Conduct a survey of the work of all local artists/painters
- Sell to them the idea of your services, i.e. being the middle man/person between them and the customers
- Find out whether you would have to provide a storage space for the products or they would have to be directly delivered from their homes/offices to the customers’ homes/offices
- Prepare a plan comprising of budget for portfolio, storage space, transportation, man power etc.
- Procure required finances through loan etc.
- Procure the required licences, permissions etc.
- Prepare a catalogue of the paintings you have in your possession, physically or otherwise
- Procure storage space, vehicle for delivering the paintings, manpower you would require to carry out tasks.Take care of the necessary paperwork, sign contracts etc. Make rules and regulations about your business and be strict about them. Be professional. Be friendly but not friends.
- Prepare pamphlets regarding your business and distribute the same to your potential customers
- A little bit about potential customers; they could be
- Professionals/independent business owners who want paintings for their offices
- Professionals/independent business owners /stay at home people who want paintings for their homes
- Professionals/independent business owners working from home who want paintings for their homes and parts of homes that are used as offices
- The requirements of all of these could be different, to be precise, each individual is different, therefore, requirements for each would be different
- Decide on the prices of paintings, considering the initial cost, transportation, cost of your value add, the bottom line is making profits after all
- Prepare a portfolio of your own work. Initially, it could consist of
- Your own home
- Your relatives’ and friends’ homes/offices
- Explain to your potential customers, why the particular paintings have been displayed on those particular walls
- Simultaneously, as your business grows, start developing your website in your mind. Write down new ideas; check out other websites to get some ideas etc.
- Invest in your new website, engage good, reliable resources. Give your website developer clear and concise requirements. Check the development at every milestone and give immediate, clear feedback. Ensure that testing happens at developer end too. It is advisable to have a user friendly website that provides the portfolio of paintings. Navigating the website must be smooth, where people check out availability of rooms, charges and other details. Also, it is good idea to get your website optimized for search engines. Do it.
- Please prepare an app for people who are addicted to their phones. These high income receiving individuals would certainly appreciate advice for decorating their homes and workplaces.
- Make sure your storage space is safe and secure; the paintings must not be damaged due to rain, fire, termites etc.
- Get an insurance cover
- Have clear paper work with customers. Issue receipt against paintings sold. Have strict policies about product exchange, damage etc.
- Get in touch with local painting contractors and interior decorators. Explain the nature of your services to them. If things go well they will recommend you to their customers. Your pool of potential customers thereby keeps increasing.
- Additionally, your discussions with customers may be about demands for paintings that you don’t have at a given time. You could then pass on these ideas to the artists who you think can accomplish the tasks. This reverse kind of work brings more work to the artists, and thereby commission from both ends for you.
Please remember, people will make huge investments on paintings and they are expected to last for a very long time. They must be able to enjoy them and say a silent “thank you” in their minds. Be careful and focussed while advising people on their décor. Happy and satisfied customers will bring to you more potential customers.